This 0.75 litre canister of Kahrs Satin Oil is for the treatment of nature oil floors.
Kährs Satin Oil is a hardening urethane oil for maintaining wood and parquet floors. Satin Oil gives the floor a protective oil layer with a beautiful shine. Satin Oil protects by penetrat- ing the floor surface.
The surface to be maintained must be dry and free of dust and dirt.
- Clean the floor with Kährs Cleaner. Use a cloth wetted with water and squeezed dry. Do not pour water onto the floor. Let the floor dry.
- Fill some oil into a spray bottle and spray the Satin Oil directly onto the floor surface. Wipe it with a soft cloth or a Kährs mop in direction of the wood structure. After the drying time of one hour, use a new cloth and polish the surface. This can also be done using a Buffing Machine, white pad and a cotton-cloth under the pad. After a drying time of 5 hours the floor can be used with care, but needs 12 hours before being fully cured.
- For very dirty non stained floors, apply the oil on the surface and spread out evenly and plentifully using a Yarn Mop. Buff the floor with a green disk pad. Remove any excess oil using a rubber squeegee or cloth. Within 1 hour, buff the floor with a cloth applied on a white disk pad to remove any excess oil. Repeat the last step if needed.
- Note! A danger of self-ignition exists in contact with organic materials (e.g. cotton cloths, saw dust, absorbing insulation materials etc.) due to self-drying oil content. Rags and other organic materials soaked in oil have to be put into water immediately after use, in order to avoid self-ignition.
As required (first use in connection with floor installation)
Normal wear: 2-3 times/year (first use in connection with floor installation)
Heavy wear: 4-6 times/year (first use in connection with floor installation)
Health and Environment
Kährs Satin Oil contains N-Paraffins. Inhaling or frequent exposure may be hazardous. Avoid inhaling fumes. Usual precautions for handling chemical products should be observed. Ensure adequate ventilation. Use protective goggles and gloves. In case of ingestion, immediately seek medical advice and refer to container and label. For further information, please see the Material Safety Data Sheet.
- Bonding agent: Urethane modified alkyd resin.
- Solvent: N-Paraffins
- Solids by weight: Approx. 22%
- Coverage: 50m2 – 60m2 approx.
- Application temperature: 14-28 °C
- Drying time: –
- Before final polishing: Approx 1- hour
- After final polishing: No wear for 12 hours
- Shelf life: 24 months in unopened container. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 40 °C
- Frost tolerance: Yes
- Clean-up: Use mineral spirits to clean tools before oil has hardened.
- Packaging: 0.75 litre can.