Kahrs Oak Alloy is a 3-strip floor with light grey tones from the Kahrs Harmony Collection. Sap wood elements add character and variation to the surface of the boards. The neutral, on-trend colours complement a range of interior styles and the multi-layer construction ensures a strong, durable and eco-friendly floor.
The Kahrs Oak Alloy is a floor constructed in 3-strip format, meaning the width of each plank is split into three narrower strips of oak. This not only creates more variation, it also enhances the feeling of space in the room, making the Oak Alloy an ideal choice for smaller spaces. Each board measures 2420 x 187 x 15mm.
The surface layer of this Oak Alloy flooring is brushed, accentuating and embracing the natural texture of the wood, whilst the matt lacquer finish provides protection against wear and tear.
The Kahrs Oak Alloy floor has a click-joint for quick and easy installation. The Woodloc® 5S click-joint allows each board to click and lock snugly into place beside its neighbour, for a rigid, strong and gap-free floor, with no adhesive needed. It can be installed as a floating floor, with underlay to provide acoustic and thermal insulation as well as a built-in damp proof membrane. The Oak Alloy floor can also be glued-down in situations where this is preferable.
The innovative multi-layer floor construction, invented by Kahrs back in 1941, creates a real oak floor, that is far more durable, flexible and sustainable than if hardwood was used throughout the board construction from top to bottom. Faster growing softwoods like spruce and pine are used in the lower, unseen layers of the floor. These softwoods are not as reactive to moisture and temperature as hardwoods like Oak and Walnut, but are also more flexible, which means the Kahrs Oak Alloy can expand and contract naturally through the changing of the seasons without it undermining the strength of the planks. It also makes the floor suitable for use with underfloor heating, and makes more efficient and environmentally friendly use of the slower growing, more valuable hardwood trees like Oak.
- The Kahrs Oak Alloy Flooring comes in packs, covering a total of 2.91m2 per pack.
- Each pack weighs approxiately 23kgs.
- The Surface treatment of the Oak Alloy floor is Matt Lacquer, with brushing to enhance the texture of the wood.
- This is a real wood floor and colour variation is to be expected between boards.
- The Kahrs Oak Alloy is classed as a Lively Grade floor, meaning it enjoys some natural charisma with knots and cracks in the wood all adding to the authentic look and feel of this real wood floor.
- The floor has a brinell value of 3.7 (a measure of a material’s hardness determined by pressing a steel ball into it).
- It’s a click-joint floor and enjoys Kahrs’ newest locking joint, the Woodloc® 5S.
- This floor is perfectly suitable for use with underfloor heating.
- The Oak Alloy comes with a 25 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- The wear-layer thickness is 3.5mm and the floor can be re-sanded 2 – 3 times across its lifetime.
- The moisture rating of this floor is EN13183 7%±2%
- Minimum mean density kg/m³ is >500kg/m³
- Reaction to fire: EN13501-1 Dfl-s1
- Formaldehyde Emission: EN717-1 E1
- Content PCP: CEN/TR14823 ≤ 5×10-6n
- Breaking Strength (N/mm²): EN1533 NPD
- Thermal Conductivity: EN12664 0,14 W/mK
- Thermal Resistance R-Value: .11(m2K/W)
- Biological Durability: EN350-2 Class1
- CARB2: Compliant
- Slipperiness: CEN/TS15676 NPD