At Kens Yard we are committed to serving all of our customers
equally. To make our website easy to use and navigate we have taken
the following actions:
- Standard fonts are used throughout the site for easy
- Wherever possible, we use live text instead of graphics to
reduce the download time of pages and increase your control.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using colour. This does
not mean that colours are not used to organise information, instead
it means there are also other, non-colour dependent ways of doing
- The majority of our pages are designed so that they are without
horizontal scrollbars when they are viewed at a screen resolution
of 800 x 600 pixels or greater.
- All images, where appropriate, have an alternative text
attribute. This means that when an image is conveying important
information its content is described with an alternative text. If
an image is used for decorative purposes only, the text attribute
for the image will be left blank.
- Where individual features make use of functions that do not
comply with the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines we have
made sure that there are alternative routes provided to the
- A link to details of how to contact us for further information
offline is provided from every page.
- Where a process takes multiple steps to complete (for example,
forms) an indication of where you are in the process and how far
you have to go is evident.
- Style of navigation remains consistent through the
We are committed to a process of on-going improvement and all
new content is developed under the guidelines outlined above.
In addition to technical developments to our Web sites to
provide greater accessibility, we test them with multiple assistive
technologies - such as screen readers and screen enlarging software
- to analyze and modify our pages. We also engage usability experts
to further test and modify our websites for improved usability.
Although we will continue to test and modify our website for
usability, there may be pages developed by third-parties that are
not fully compliant with our standards. If you would like further
information about our accessibility standards or have problems
accessing this website, please contact us.